3. User-Provided Information: We collect the personal information that You knowingly and voluntarily provide when You use the Website. For example, this includes, but is not limited to, the information You provide when You donate using the Website, sign up as a volunteer on the Website, or when You submit any feedback on the Website.
4. Collection of User Information:
a. The Shelter and/or its affiliates may obtain the following information from You or concerning Your information or device, which may include information that can be used to identify You as specified below: name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s), credit card information, blog or website URL, social networking handle or usernames, photographs, demographic information (e.g., age, gender, interests), professional title, company, industry, information about Your business, activities or content viewed using the Services, and other automatically-collected information about Your device (e.g., browser information, operating system information, mobile device information, IP address, referring site/application, etc.).
b. When You register to receive any services from the Shelter, or provide information to the Shelter in any other manner, You agree to provide only true, accurate, current, and complete information.
c. We may collect information that is sent to Us automatically by Your Web browser, such as Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, operating system, browser type, domain name, access times, and referring website address. The information We receive depends on the settings on Your Web browser. The information provided by Your Web browser does not identify You personally. We may use this non-personal information to create statistics that help Us improve the Website and Our services. In addition, We may review Our server logs for security purposes, such as detecting intrusions into Our network. If We suspect criminal activity, We may share Our server logs -- which contain visitors’ IP addresses -- with the appropriate investigative authorities who could use that information to trace and identify individuals.
5. Do Not Track Requests: In some cases, third parties may be able to collect information about a user’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses Our Website. Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
6. Cookies. Cookies help Us understand which parts of the Website are the most popular, where Our visitors are going, how long they spend there, and the types of mobile devices and browsers visitors are using to access the site. We analyze this data for trends and statistics to improve Our site.
Cookies also help remember Your preferences, such as a username, so that You do not have to enter it again the next time.
a. We may use donors’ contact information to respond to a question or comment, to thank them for a donation, to send donation receipts, or to send information about Good Shepherd Shelter. The donors’ contact information may also be used to contact them if necessary. In the future, We may offer the opportunity to choose to receive the Shelter’s newsletter or other communications electronically. Persons who supply the Shelter with their contact information may also receive information regarding special promotions, new services, upcoming events, and/or employment opportunities.
b. We also work with certain third parties and, in some cases, personal information will be shared with these third parties in order to pursue the Shelter’s mission and goals. We will not sell or disclose any of Your personal information to a third party, except for sharing information with Our business partners and sharing it with agents or contractors who perform services for Us (including, but not limited to, PayPal).
c. Please note that the Shelter is obligated to disclose all donors, which it does by listing donors by range of donation amount on Our Website.
d. We may use and disclose Your personally identifiable information to the extent reasonably necessary to correct technical problems and malfunctions in how We provide Our Website to you.
8. Data Security and Retention:
a. We maintain appropriate security measures to keep Your information private. If users tell Us that they do not wish to have this information used as a basis for further contact, We will respect those wishes. Our donation processing service, PayPal, also maintains security measures to protect Your contact and credit card information. Due to the open nature of the Internet, We cannot guarantee that any of Your information stored on Our servers, or transmitted to or from a Us or a user, will be 100% free from unauthorized access, and We disclaim any liability for any theft or loss of, unauthorized access or damage to, or interception of any data or communications. By using the Website, You acknowledge that You understand and agree to assume these risks.
b. If You correspond with Us by e-mail, or by using the Website to contact Us, You should be aware that Your transmission might not be secure. We will have no liability for disclosure of Your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
c. If We believe that the security of Your information may have been compromised, We may seek to notify You of that development. If a notification is appropriate, We will endeavor to Notify You as promptly as possible by e-mail. You consent to Our use of Your e-mail address as a means of such notification.
d. We will retain user information for as long as it is needed to provide Our services.
10. Anti-Spam Policy: We do not send emails to people who do not have a relationship with Our organization. A relationship can start when the person contacts Us via Our Website or a related website, makes a donation to Our program, provides their contact information at one of our events, and/or purchases a ticket for one of Our events.
11. California Privacy Rights: Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (the “Shine the Light” law), California residents who provide personal information in order to obtain certain products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain, once per calendar year for the immediately prior year, certain disclosures about their personal information shared, if any, with other businesses for direct marketing uses. However, the “Shine the Light” law does not apply to the use of personal information by bona fide tax exempt charitable or religious organizations, such as the Shelter, in order to solicit charitable contributions. See California Civil Code Section 1798.83(e)(2). Accordingly, You may be eligible to request such disclosures (which, if applicable, would include the categories of personal information, and the names and addresses of those businesses with which We shared Your personal information) only if Your personal information was NOT provided in connection with a charitable contribution or donation. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com with a subject line of “Request for California Privacy Information.” Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in Our response.
12. Privacy of Children: You must be at least thirteen (13) years old to post to the Website. If You are over thirteen (13) years old but have not yet reached the age of majority, You must have Your parent or guardian’s permission to post to the Website. You should never reveal any personal information about Yourself on the Website. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13. We do not authorize individuals who are under the age of 13 to use the Website, nor do We in any way direct Our Website to those under 13 years of age. If We are made aware We have collected personal information from a child under 13 years old in a manner that is inconsistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, We will delete this information as soon as possible.
Thank you for using this Website!